St Cross Electronics Farringdon Instruments FISW-X Steering Wheel
The new FISW-X Steering Wheel from St. Cross Electronics is a fully electronic wheel that has paddle shift capability plus a 3 window LED section which gives the driver information about RPM, gauges, alarms etc.
The FISW-X Steering Wheel integrates an LED display with Gear Shift Paddles and other ECU Control functions into a single system with either a RS232 or CAN Interface.
It is compatible with all ECU‚Äôs including MoTec, EFI, Cosworth, Life Racing and KMS to name but a few.
All components are sourced by St Cross Electronics and built by St Cross Electronics in the UK.
Priced from UK ¬£2,200 (approx Australian $3,295 on current exchange rates), this steering wheel can put technology rarely seen outside of F1 into your hands for a fraction of F1 prices.
The main features of the system are as follows:
- High Brightness 7-Segment LED Displays arranged as two five character windows with central gear display.
- 15 LED Shift Lights.
- Left and Right Gear Shift Paddles with magnetic over centre feel.
- Push Buttons for ECU/GCU control - Neutral, Push to Pass (or Launch), Pit Lane Limiter.
- Push Buttons for Steering Wheel control - Cancel Alarm, Start Race Timer, Set Up Control and Recall Control.
- Radio Push Button to control car to pit radio.
- Two Rotary Switches to select display pages and mode/brightness.
- Two Optional Rotary Switches (FISW-4 only) for Traction Control.
- All inputs and outputs encoded in CAN data stream (ECU specific).
- Optional Display Controller which accepts sensors inputs and provides 0 to 5 volts logic outputs for paddles and switches.
Internal Steering Wheel Functions include:
- Lap Timing with Delta Display (depends on ECU facilities and may require Lap Beacon Receiver Interface).
- Warnings for Coolant and Oil Temperature, Oil and Fuel Pressure, and Battery Voltage.
- Various Display Combinations (Pages) that can be chosen in Set Up Mode.
- Lap Time Recall Mode.
Some of the ECU's that can be connected to the FISW Steering Wheel are the Pectel SQ6, EFI Euro 4 and 12, MoTec (various models), MBE, DTA, Life Racing etc.
The Stack RS232 protocol transmitted by some ECU's will be supported by RS232 versions.
9 to 16 volts at less than 1 amp. Load dump protected to 75 volts and reverse polarity protected.
Steering Wheel Grips
The grips for the steering wheel are moulded ABS with a ‚Äúsoft tough‚Äù coating. These can be changed easily if they become worn. Further they can be removed and painted in alternative colours.
An optional Alcantara or Suede covering over the part of the grips held by the driver can be added if required.
Two types of wheel are available at present, FISW-2 does not have the two traction control rotary switches whereas the FISW-4 has four rotary switches.
Aside from custom coloured grips or with suede coverings, other options include custum silk screening such as team names, centre boss connector for electronics, thereby losing the curly cable.
Please contact us if you have any questions or for ordering info.